Pars Museum is one of the oldest museums in Iran and the city of Shiraz, which is located in the “Nazar Garden”, and became a museum in 1936. The museum’s building dates back to the Karim Khan Zand period and was the venue for the reception of Iranian and foreign guests during the Zand dynasty. The garden, which is located in the park of Pars Museum, is from the gardens of the Safavid and Zand dynasties. The interior modeling of buildings is characteristic of this era and considering the fact that the museum was the first museum built outside of Tehran, it is smaller than other Iranian museums.
Among the objects kept in Pars Museum, we can point out old paintings, old coins (from the 4th millennium BC to the contemporary era), the Sword of Karim Khan Zand, the ancient Quran (belonging to the 14th century AD), and three inscriptions belonging to The Seljuk, Safavid, and Qajar periods. In the garden area, there is also the grave of Karim Khan Zand, the founder of the Zand dynasty and several of his knights and leaders, which is one of the most important attractions of this museum and garden.