Shapouri House which consists of Shapouri Garden and Pavilion was built in 1936 and by one of the famous Shiraz merchants and it was used as a private house. After 60 years of the Shapouri family living in it, the Cultural Heritage Organization of Iran bought and rebuilt it.
The difference between Shapouri House with other houses or attractions of Shiraz is that this house and its garden are built using European architecture and specifically the garden of the house is nothing like the other Old Iranian gardens. For instance, the pond of Iranian gardens which was built in the center of the garden was in a rectangular shape while the pond in this garden is not even similar, in Iranian gardens the water gullet pumps the water to ponds or pools but in this garden, the end of the gullets are closed, the trees are placed and located in a different order, the mansion has a balcony, or the house has rooms for specific usages which are totally different with other old houses of Shiraz.
This Historical House is located in an area of 4600 m2 and now the 2nd floor of the mansion has become a restaurant. Arg-e Karim Khan is the closest attraction to the Shapouri House.